View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
And you run that in the charge pipe? That is a shit ton of meth. How can it be evenly distributed? You must have way more spraying into the cyls in front of the throttle body vs on the edge.
This is the standard nozzle in this platform for this power range and majority of platforms. Atomizes and runs perfect.

Assuming 450-500hp at that boost, 1000 cc/min should be just right. The general rule of thumb is to run as much water/methanol as you can without inducing misfire. Monitor AFRs and air temps to see what effect different flow rates have.

It should probably be said that not only does boost affect flow but also your methanol to water mixtures are important.

For example if you were to just spray water, this would be entirely too much water. If someone were to run 100% water you'd run about an M1 or M2 nozzle.

I've ran as high as an M12 and M14 with no benefit on 80/20 Mix. I also ran a dual nozzle set up on my other car with an M5 and M7, that was just about perfect but probably could have gotten away with Dual M5's.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 07-19-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0