View Single Post
      10-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
You guys never disappoint...your website said I would be receiving the product on Monday, I received it today! Thank you for outstanding service and great products!

Greg, I have a question. The bottle says to rinse the car off first so I'm assuming the product is to be used while the car is wet, since I will be working on an area at a time and rinsing off. The water spots are gone from washing the car and using white distilled vinegar, but as I described before, if looking at the car out in the sun just at the right angle, there are very faint marks around the borders where each drop used to be - I'm assuming this is a minor case of etching. Again, very difficult to see, but because I am ultra picky I decided to give this product a go. Once you confirm the points I just mentioned, the question becomes: is it ok for me to apply it to the hood and fender since those were the affected areas? or do I truly need to work on 2"x2" areas at a time? I will do whatever it takes in order to get the proper result, however, given that half of the hood and that same side fender were the affected areas, I was thinking of applying CG WSR on these two body panels and then rinse off.

Please let me know your thoughts and thanks again!
Again it's tough to know how well this will work because it sounds like you have some noticeable etchings. Remember the depth of the imperfection is almost impossible to measure with the naked eye. Therefore without a paint thickness gauge it's really hard to know how bad they are until you start polishing or treating them. If the marks area ultra faint the WSR should work. However the majority of times a polish is needed so you may have to progress to that.

As for your order I'm thrilled to hear it arrived early. We really work hard to ship orders out ASAP. I would recommend washing the vehicle first so you don't grind in contaminants while working in the WSR. Then work in small sections as they suggest and rinse it off before moving on. You don't want this product sitting on your hood too long. You really want to be working in the shade as well with this product. If you have any questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0