12-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BMW keeps milking the Valencia Orange color: after the 1M (VO pioneer), the F20 1er, the X1 and the i3 Coupé Concept, now also the new Z4 LCI facelift gets the VO treatment, wait, make that "Orange Galore":

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782431
"Striking touches: new paint finishes, Hyper Orange Design package, a new alloy wheel and the M Sport package.
A total of 11 external paint finishes are available for the new BMW Z4, including the new Mineral Grey metallic, Glacier Silver metallic and Valencia Orange metallic, which can only be ordered together with the Hyper Orange package. This new aesthetic/design package lends the Roadster a lively aura; the interior, for example, boasts an energy-charged contrast of black and orange. The bespoke Alcantara door panel trim, like the lower section of the instrument panel, comes in orange. The black leather seats have contrast stitching in Valencia Orange and an accent stripe running down the central section of the backrests and seat cushions. This stripe is likewise orange and is flanked by two thin white lines. The door panel trim and lower section of the instrument panel can also be specified in black as an option. Another exclusive element of the Hyper Orange package is the metal weave trim strip, which can be combined with further decorative elements in high-gloss black for the door openers and the gearshift or selector lever. This new Design package replaces the previously available Citrus Yellow Package and is also available in combination with other exterior paint colors as an option."
Yet another pointless Z4 edition and still VO does not match it perfectly imo, but of course better than a X1! I think BSM or mineral white are the best colors for Z4s.

Did you guys check the photo gallery and notice the seats? Those leather/alcantara seats, now with orange stripe is the kind of treatment 1M should have from the factory. I would personally choose a slightly smaller size for that VO stripe but it looks like almost made for the 1M or maybe I was hoping something like that before 1M was revealed. Still thinking that if I keep the car long enough, and after original leather wears a bit to justify a change, a good upholstery shop can replace the seat back and sitting areas with matching alcantara with a VO stripe. I like the seats of the 1M by the way, don't feel the need to go for performance seats etc.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0