View Single Post
      03-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
Fair
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMc135 View Post
Terry - is there a way for us to ensure we are getting the most recent/updated camber plates if we order from a vendor? Not sure how many versions you guys have gone through but I wouldn't want to order these and get a set from early on in the development process. Any codes, etc. on the plates we can confirm production/model? Thanks.

Tim
Only a handful of our dealers have ordered these camber plates in large numbers and I'm sure they are all out of the old units. If in doubt ask them the thickness of the top ring - it should be .250" thick, not .103". That will be the latest design for everything (the latest bolt rings, top nuts, and lower spool pieces).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtailpipes View Post
with a stock strut, couldn't the strut top slide under the circular opening for more camber? it looks like my OEM strut top nuts are below the plane of the chassis strut mounting surface, and the camber plates should only increase that clearance slightly, right? have you tried maxing out your plates with an oem strut yet?
Well this amount of strut travel inboard (where the strut shaft would be under the sheetmetal of the strut tower) is limited by the smallness of the tower itself and the girth of the OEM spring (110mm inner diameter). There's just no room on these cars for more camber at the top without getting into some ugly modifications.

We're looking at other camber solutions as well. We had a racer suggest yesterday that we should make some offset bushings for the lower control arm, to add even more camber at the bottom. Any 135i owners in the Dallas area that want to help us test this idea? We'll likely need to put your car on our lift once to inspect/measure for the design and again for the test fitting of prototypes. Someone that does Track and/or Autocross events would help by giving us better test abuse.
Appreciate 0