View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #45
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Sorry about taking so long to get you the photo. We're swamped like crazy with race season starting for us as well as many of our customers we support at the track. Couldn't find time to hunt down the camera, take pictures, upload and then e-mail. If finally realized I had an iphone and could just take a picture and e-mail it. Doh.

The reason why there are 2 versions and why we didn't just ditch the short design and go with the long one is because our FMICs come with pipping too. In our FMIC kits, the piping replaces the elbow. Thus, the charge pipe was a direct replacement of the old piece. With the 2009+, that wouldn't work anymore due to the integrated elbow. If you have a 2006-08 model, you can run the 09+ charge pipe. The only thing is if you did not have our FMIC and wanted to order it later, you would need to order the 09+ FMIC model so your piping would match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
It took a lot of effort to get that photo. If you have a May 09+ car then it's the only option because the elbow is incorporated into the charge pipe. However, the earlier versions of the May 09+ were actually 2 separate pieces and they were held in by clamps. I'm leaning towards this new version because I want meth bungs and I've been told the best place is in the elbow for atomisation and heat absorption rather than in the charge pipe itself because it's too close to the throttle body. I could get the normal ER CP with the AR elbow or Coolingmist eblow but this design looks a lot cleaner and because I'm getting it anodized it should be very stealth. I also think replacing the stock elbow is just replacing another weak point in the car where a leak might occur. I have no plans to run meth at this point but I'm getting 2 bungs in the elbow anyway.
Wow...that's some dedication to putting on a part hehe.

BTW, thanks for the kind replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 View Post
LOL, I did my install during a power outage with only a small flashlight and headband-LED light. Took about an hour.
Appreciate 0