View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #124
john85D
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny71 View Post
Thread revival alert but wanted to contribute.

It's just a quick post to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, particularly Dack

The relatively long throw on the 1M shifter has bugged me a little from day one, particularly since my 130i daily driver has the BMW short shift lever fitted and has (had) a much nicer feel to it.

Anyway after reading just about everything ever written about 1M/N54/N55 short shift kits I thought I'd give the 130i/330i short shift lever (part# 25110434219) a go since the 135i short shift lever (part# 25110434217) is no longer available.

Worked out well and very pleased with the results. The throw is much reduced, feels a little notchy but in a lovely direct 'mechanical' way. No problems with any weird off-set of the gear knob etc.

For future reference here's a pic of the three levers I had available during the swap.
Do you mind posting a picture of where the shift knob is at rest? I'm still trying to look for a short shift lever. Although I do have the BMS Short Shift kit, but I feel the short is too short and it awkward. If this works, I might just get this instead. Thanks!
Appreciate 0