Clueless Noobie
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82/128i

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
As for air intakes, don't bother as they are only expensive underhood ornaments. Take out your stock intake, remove the charcoal filter, drop in an aftermarket filter like K&N, and change the ribbed elbow to the throttle body with a smooth silicone boot. (~$60). There have been slight gains shown with that, and better throttle response.
That is really good to know. I found an intake for pretty cheap on eBay and was considering it. I'll now just use the parts you've mentioned and toss the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My next area to get into is suspension. The car handles great now and can hurt a lot of faster cars feelings in the twistys, but some solid sub-frame bushings and a nice front/rear spring and dampener setup would make it exponentially more better.
I've done rear upper control arms, camber plates on the front. 20mm coil spacers on the rear, and 15mm on the front. Big handling gains from the negative camber we were able to apply. I'm not into lowering my car because the roads where I'm from are in awful condition and it would result in damaging my mint condition 1.

I run a staggered 20" set of 8.5w fronts and 9.5w rears. BF Goodrich on the front. Brand new Toyo Proxes on the rear. They're big wheels and probably heavy. The stock setup and fitment made my eyes bleed.

There's coil-overs on eBay for $600 USD. They might be worth a shot.
Appreciate 0