View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #158
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
I think what he meant is eLSD is no longer switchable in coding in the later versions of the software.
Yes, that's my experience with dsc module. I've been talking to my local dealer and found out that the dme is cutting power through various torque limiters from information gathered from other modules like egs and dsc. The dme still has the intelligence to delay the boost from building up. It also uses timing corrections to control torque/power when slip or spin is detected. If information is limited or lost from a module, the dme relies on default information and info from steering angle, speed sensor ETC. The dealer told me if you manipulate or eliminate one module, the dme finds a way to compensate because of how everything is integrated.

I've totally disconnected the dsc module, and removed both rear speed sensors, and disconnected the accelerometer under the driver seat and still got power reduction when slip or spin should occur. This is with the gas pedal to the floor. The dealer foreman assured me I was not experiencing any braking via the brakes with those things disconnected but rather the dme using torque limiters and ignition timing to brake the vehicle. The car was more loose though.

Thankfully, MHD and xhp have discovered several torque limiter. I have auto trans and would get a lot of post shift timing corrections. Also, timing correction before the shift. The more power I made, the more torque limiters started popping up. I started seeing limiter 4, 8 and 2048. I used the shift bog option to get rid of 4 and 2048. Shifts recover faster now but torque still being limited by dme. Not sure what torque limiter 4 is. I'm running xhp stage 3 which supposedly eliminates tranny limiters. The car drives better but still controls the amount load and torque to compensate a little for the changes I've made.

After all this, I was still getting ridiculous post shift timing corrections all over the place for no good reason. I've seen some corrections on 15psi 18psi stock turbos. I'm running 22psi low midrange by the way custom tune e70. After much research, I decided to use the desensitized knock sensor feature on mhd. I finally got to the place where I wasn't afraid to try this because I know my car so well and prayer. Also, I read that knock detection is still there but at a reduced level. Well, every single timing correction disappeared! Car drives more normal, shifts better, accelerates faster and cleaner. I've been pushing the car real hard lately. I very rarely see maybe a minor correction when the ecu is trying to stop wheel spin.

The dme still controls torque and power to the ground. I notice this more the colder it gets outside. It's as if the car levels up and allows just enough power for the amount of surface adhesion I have. With all the changes, I'm going faster and the car feels better but, i still haven't conquered the problem yet. One last thing. Stickier rubber does allow the dme to release more power to the wheels. I noticed this when going from PSS tires to pilot sport 4s 265 35 18 out back. 235 40 18 up front. There nice but not enough to satisfy the power I'm running. The ecu will just adjust to them and compensate for slip. I believe this is why some guys can run big power in cold weather without sliding off the road. I need stickier 285 30s which should be enough.

I don't plan on keeping the knock sensors desensitized. From what I hear, mhd is trying to solve the post shift timing issue.
Appreciate 0