///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
Honestly I hope they go X3M over Z4M if it has to be one of the two, and I had the last Z4M with the S54 engine. I have no interest in a Z4 35is drive with another hp boost even if it has a fixed roof and m3 suspension parts. If I wanted modern 2 seater enjoyment again I would just go back to the last Z4M or another marquee.

Since I decided yesterday at the unveiling that the 1M is not an upgrade from my E46 M3, I will not be purchasing one as I had been planning. I also have no interest in a E92 M3 in its current forum. After many test drives I decided to pass, feeling that it did not bring a more satisfying or pure driving experience than my E46 M3. In addition to the fact that it did not really feel much if any faster to me.

What needs to happen is a last send-off to the high revving philosophy. If it can't come in the form of a V8 Z4M (which I would be all for) then we need to see a final special edition of the E92 M3 that is available in the US. Something catered to the enthusiast like the 1M, not an expensive pure track car like the GTS. Even the E92 GTS has been shown to be barely faster than the E46 CSL, and to provide less satisfying of a driving experience. This coming from the experiences of respected journalists such as Chris Harris from EVO.

What we need is an M3 Club sport type car that is available in 6 speed manual. I know realistically there is not a lot of cheap weight to be taken off a base carbon roof E92 M3. Therefore the main ingredient would probably have to be the GTS engine. That engine alone with a few style cues, manual seats (buckets if possible) and ideally some or all of the brake/suspension/exhaust upgrades of the GTS would be amazing.

Offer the car in a few special colors which something that has been sorely lacking in the E9X M3 lineup. Have the base price (without all the heavy options that surely a bunch of jokers will add back anyways) around the current price of a well optioned E92 M3 and you would have the ultimate send off to the high revving engine and something that would carry the M torch strongly until the next generation models roll along.

Until then I will been looking strongly at the offerings of other marquees because there is nothing in BMW's lineup that piques my interest.
I dont know if it was an X3 M or X3 35is, but I chased one with camouflage into the mountains about 30miles from the plant in SC. I was in an E39 M5 with suspension and could not keep up. It would pull on me on the straights all the way through 3rd gear to redline.

T
Appreciate 0