View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
timwin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW(daily)/Infiniti(Weekend)

I dont know how much the hood weighs by itself but depending on the process and how the manufacture makes their hoods there might be minimal weight changes so make sure you do your research on the weight difference.

Change out the exhaust to a high end titanium exhaust sytem where it weights roughly 5-10lbs. (stock is about 45-50ish) Gut the trunk entirely. Gut the back seats but you can put them back when need maybe.

If you want you can get a body shop to make fiberglass mold of you hood and just make sure you have hood pins cause you can get it the weight down there.

Wheels is a must 1piece forged and depending on tires as well some weigh more than others.

drop the seats and get light seats doesnt have to be baller to be light if you are going for weight reduction just make sure seats are FIA approved.(track purposes)

You can save a lot of weight by changing the brakes along given that they calipers are forged ETC. I would again make sure what you are putting is quality and will be achieving your goal of weight reduction. On my other car the complete brakes systems(pads, rotors, calipers) together is lighter than my oem calipers

As far as 400HP What they guys said should be more than enough to get you there.
Appreciate 0