View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #61
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabmw93 View Post
Thats exactly whats happening to me. Do any lights come on the dash when it happens to you? This past Saturday I was at Eagles Canyon Raceway and it was probably the worst I've had it happen, but it was also 110 degrees outside. I also noticed my oil temperature was close to 300f coming off track as well.

I used to think this was happening because I don't have a LSD because it also happens coming out of turns. But now that its getting worst as its getting hotter outside I'm thinking its temperature related.
Happens to me too and I know it's not from oil or water temps. In your case, it very well could be.. 300* is HOT.

I've managed to et my oil temps never exceeding 255* and keeping coolant temps under 210*.

IAT's on the other hand, I believe, are an issue. I'm guessing there is a failsafe in there for high IATs. With two tiny turbos and hot track days, temps are likely going over 140*. Sometimes I'll shift and it just bogs down, almost no boost. It'll stay that way for a few. I can cool down for a few turns, hit it again, boost is back, but shortly after it'll die down again. This often happens with no codes at all.

Either meth injection to cool intake air temps, an IC sprayer, coding out whatever this possible failsafe is, or upgrading to a small single turbo that generates WAY less heat than the stock twins.
Appreciate 0