View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #62
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
IAT's on the other hand, I believe, are an issue. I'm guessing there is a failsafe in there for high IATs. With two tiny turbos and hot track days, temps are likely going over 140*. Sometimes I'll shift and it just bogs down, almost no boost. It'll stay that way for a few. I can cool down for a few turns, hit it again, boost is back, but shortly after it'll die down again. This often happens with no codes at all.

Either meth injection to cool intake air temps, an IC sprayer, coding out whatever this possible failsafe is, or upgrading to a small single turbo that generates WAY less heat than the stock twins.
Last track day I noticed power loss too. I checked logs later and say 170f+ IATs. DME table is set to reduce timing pretty aggressively at that point. You will feel a several degree timing difference easily.

Post shift bog could also be some of the issue. If rpms rise while switching UP gears (you didn't lift all the way off the gas) then requested torque flat-lines post shift. A tuning solution is supposedly in the works for that specific shift bog. With a lightweight flywheel I find this happens very frequently/easily when I try to shift fast.
Appreciate 0