View Single Post
      08-22-2019, 07:37 AM   #9
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I would also add that if you look at water temperature it will not tell you anything useful about your water pump. I have an app on an old tablet that I mainly use to check and reset "check engine" codes. But another feature it has is to create virtual guages of any information that is on your OBDII connector. I set up the tablet to monitor several things when I initially installed the app. One was water temperature. What I noticed is the water temperature was highest at a steady cruise and dropped if I got on the gas. I think what BMW does is deliberately reduce cooling during steady cruising to help gas mileage. When you get on it, cooling is increased so the car doesn't overheat.

So if you start watching the gauge, you would see it go up when you are just cruising along and could think you have a problem. It would only be a problem if you floored it and the temperature continued to rise. The behavior is much different from my previous cars. I think BMW deleted the gauge because they didn't want complaints.
Dackelone10588.50