08-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrift View Post
Ok maybe this is normal then. My car is black and yes that's a good point about the filter being in the engine bay.
I have the standard pollen filter, albeit it's will overdue for a replacement as it was filthy when I checked it recently.

I actually haven't tested the aircon at all yet as it's winter in Australia and cold enough as is.
I am not a scientist, and i have not stayed in a holdiay inn lately.

Maybe the scientists here can chime in.

If the air from the outside that will come into the car through a cooling system must pass through a filter, and the filter is "filthy", is it safe to assume less air is passing through the filter? Would that mean that the air needed to cool the interior of the car is not making it to the cooling system, which in turn would mean that the interior of the car would not cool?

I should have taken a picture of the cabinn filter in my E36 M3 when I bought the car. A weak fart had more force than what was coming out of the dash. The car had 180K and the guy I bought the car from (who took very good care of the car ) bought it at 80K and didnt know it had a cabin filter.