View Single Post
      12-09-2020, 01:55 AM   #73
Jerry_F82_E82
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW 135i

guys if you are having lurching issues with ac on and/or engine is stalling. then do the following in order(if it doesn't work proceed to the next one):

1, reset transmission adaptation(drive around for a bit)
2, raise idle rpm by 150-200rpm(lower it back down if it does not work)
3, get update from the dealership
4, reset transmission adaptation
5, raise idle rpm by 150-200rpm(dealership should have done this but most does not)(lower it back down if it doesn't work)
6, check for boostleak(either a smoke test or using mhd)(if it was a boostleak and you fixed it and still jerks with ac on, do number 7,8)
7, reset transmission adaptation
8, raise idle rpm by 150-200(lower it down if it doesnt fix the issue)
9, check and fix any engine/sensor issues(if you found and fixed it do 10,11)
10, reset transmission adaptation
11, raise idle rpm by 150-200
12, check battery if its program correctly
13, check for a bad dme

heres what happen with my car, when i bought it had the usual jerking and stalling issue with ac on, the update from the dealership fixed the stalling issue but it still jerks when coming to a stop, i found out that i had a bad boost controller and wasn't making target boost via MHD, I fixed the issue but the car was still jerking, it was until i raise the rpm by 200 that it fixed the issue. I raise the rpm by 200/reset the transmission adaptation every time i did something to the car so it wasn't just raising the rpm. the DCT monitor boost level so if you got a boostleak she(transmission) goes wonky(if i understand it correctly). hope that helps you guys/gals, it only took me 1 year and 2k to figure it out and most of it is from going to bmw dealership/bmw indyshop/bmw mechanics(non of them even check for a boostleak they just assume it was a transmission issue), installing MHD was the most helpful thing i did cause then i could diagnose issues by looking at the logs. BTW i don't work for MHD and my 135i have not been having the lurching/stalling issue since then. sorry for thread jacking, i wanted to also subscribe to this thread since i'm very interested on XHP.
Appreciate 0