12-31-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiantank26 View Post
Those who have the PBX for a long time (5 or more months) are you noticing a delay in shifting when accelerating? I keep mine on map 3, and lately the shifts between gears under hard acceleration start to feel jerkier and not smooth. It annoyed me so much I turned off the PBX, now the car rides better and smoother. My opinion, the cold weather has improved the efficiency of the injen intake and this puts a lot of stress on the PBX. This cause serious concerns about long term issues with the tranny, it looks like it puts a lot of stress on it. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi I definately noticed. I was unbearable on <Map3 and after a few weeks on Map 7 the transmission is acting funny too, it shifts when it hits 3000rpm mark and sometimes the engine holds that rpm range for slightly too long. As the result my running temp of the engine is now higher than what it once was. I can actually feel the heat comming out of the side of my steering wheel.

Now i am deciding whether to take that baby out or disabled it. the last thing we want is a stuffed up engine or tranny. Appreciate your thoughts.