View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #11
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
I am learning a lot; still don't have a plan.

BavSound offers coaxial speaker replacements. No components for the front, no subs and no amplifier.

Bimmertech offers speakers only, including subs. No amplifier.

MusicarNW does not offer anything for base stereo. They will do custom work in their Oregon shop, but I am in Georgia so it's not an option.

The BMW Alpine kit: the amplifier is for the subwoofers only. The kit replaces the door speakers and adds tweeters to the mirror panels, but these speakers are still driven by the head unit power. The kit does not include replacement subs.

Helix Match, Rainbow, Focal, Rockford Fosgate and MB Quart all offer replacement drivers. None of them offer amplifiers.

Next up is talking with local installers to see if I am comfortable with their knowledge.
I had base stereo in e93 2010. Was terrible for a convertible.

I did the alpine kit. Sounded quite good. On par with hk in my other car at the time, a 135 coupe with HK.

The front speakers are amplified as are the subs with the alpine kit. The rears run off headunit, so just for fill. As you know you need the tweeter housings.

I did add a set of used hk subs, the alpine kit and was satisfied. Not great, but fully plug and play except that you need the car coded to 676 hifi. Otherwise was bass boosted and boomy in a bad way when first installed.

I just picked up a 2011 135 with the base audio.

I'm going with an android head unit and replacing speakers with some infinity 4 inch 2 ways and some hk subs.

This car has no Bluetooth, sirius, backup camera or sensosrs, etc. So I can add them all for 300 dollars and supposedly plug and play.

Probably won't install until weather cools down though.

https://www.erisin.com/products/erisin-es8140b-7x5-64gb-android-100-car-dvd-carplay-auto-gps-4g-dab-dsp-satnav-bmw-1-serie-e81-hatchback-e82-e88

If the car had Bluetooth and sirius I probably would have just done the alpine kit again.
Appreciate 0