View Single Post
      12-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #27
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
My Check Control warning for "R. Brake Light" bulb came on this morning. When I looked inside with the brakes on, it looked as if there were three bulbs not working compared to the Left side. I pulled the board with four bulbs out just to see inside and then found the socket outside that cluster in the hole in the body with a burned-out "1156" bulb. I never was able to locate access to the two other bulbs that were not lit.

I checked my spares and found several "7506" bulbs which had the same base and installed one which worked. Then I Googled "1156 vs 7506" and found sources saying they are different but can substitute for one another as long as they have the chrome base.

Oddly, after replacing the one bulb, all three were working again and the warning-triangle gave up warning me. I'll get the correct 1156 bulb at work tomorrow but at least I no longer have to have my info screen blocked by the dreaded yellow triangle!

Is there some series circuit which causes the seemingly inaccessible bulbs to go out with the 1156?
Appreciate 0