02-07-2016, 01:19 AM   #1
elburbs
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: EVO8 (Sold), 135i n55 DCT

EVO 8 to 135i

Hi guys,

New to the forum, from Melbourne, but i have been floating around reading for a little while now. I currently drive a JDM EVO 8, pretty much full bolt ons. Car has been reliable and I haven't really had any major issues with owning the car for the past 4 years. The car is a weekend warrior and it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. I am at the point where I feel like I want to move to another platform, and the 135i ticks all the boxes for that (inline6 turbo RWD).

Just wanted to know what to look for when searching for the right 135i on the used market. Is there anything in particular to look out for?
I know my EVOS and other jdm cars quite well, and am always on top of maintenance and repairs/common issues etc, but I am completely new to BMW, and anything EURO for that matter.

Seems the used market for 135i are quite limited (especially for Manual ones) in Australia, and they are almost 90% if not all stock standard. If I was to purchase a 135i what initial maintenance and repairs would needed to be done if not done already. ie. water pump, fuel pump - seem to be common issues.

The car would be used as a weekend warrior and I would eventually like to get it to FBO.

Any information or tips you think I would find useful, please let me know!

Also if there is anyone selling there 135i, please feel free to let me know (I am located in Melbourne), looking for ideally an N54 MANUAL,

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0