elburbs
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: EVO8 (Sold), 135i n55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
Welcome to 1Addicts!

The N54s are a pretty reliable engine, as you've mentioned an example which has had the water and fuel pumps replaced are ideal (I've had my water pump die on me while I was cruising along on the M1.. not fun!).

Other than the pumps peripherals such as the spark plugs, injectors and coil packs tend to need replacing (especially once the car is tuned), so some sort of service history with these included is good. Another common maintenance item which people do is walnut blasting for the intake valves, and various seals on the engine tend to go bad resulting in a few oil dribbles here and there.

Overall its a very good platform for mods and is pretty reliable overall if you keep an eye on the items mentioned above. There are quite a few of us in Melbourne who probably wouldn't mind showing you our cars if you are keen

yeah i've browsed around, and it seems the n54 is pretty bulletproof, its just a few things around the engine that need to be taken care of or replaced.
i've been reading a lot about the walnut blasting thing recently too, is that a maintenance issue, as theres nothing like that with evos (is that because these cars are direct injection?)

i honestly didnt think there were any 135i around melb as I barely see them, and i dont really see any for sale, carsales only has a handful for sale (manual, n54).

yeah it'd be great to check some out, i was actually going to sus some out from carsales just to get a feel for the car and have a look etc. have someone checking out my car this week so we'll see how i go after that.

also do you guys rate the idrive (dash screen), is it just a gps? is it worth trying to get as a few on the market dont have it? is there any other options the 135i comes with thats a must or useful to have?

Thanks again guys!
Appreciate 0