View Single Post
      02-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #29
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

OK. I finally got back at my project today for a short while and there was a slight change of plan as far as what I'd hoped would be my next post. Instead of installing my new speakers, I went ahead and finished the wiring harness and hooked up my DSP.

Previously I mentioned I had and posted pictures of the Audison BitTen, however the fact that it only had 6 channels of output saw me needing to swap it out for something with additional channels. Being a fan of Audison and from what I had heard super intuitive software. I found a used BitOne and went that route.

After testing and double checking all my connection, I fired up the BitOne and was impressed with the results even with only the MB Quart speakers. After running through the initial setup and configuring the Xover points for the Quarts I did a short critical listening session and have to say that with 85Watts per channel from the Clarion and the Audison; 90% of the folks out there would be extremely happy with these results.

The MB Quarts offer a nice balance of midbass and highs and with some tweaking and the addition of the Time-alignment (and a subwoofer) I suspect that I would have a system with this combination that most would be really happy with. I do want to spend some time playing with the time-alignment and I still plan on upgrading my speakers to the new set of AudioFrog I have (more on them later), but if I was doing a review of these MB Quarts I would give them an 7 out of 10. I like my highs a little brighter and coming from the old school MB Quart Titanium tweeters the silk domes in this kit aren't doing it for me, but truth be told I was impressed with these little guys.

As for overall sound Quality of the equipment. I am getting no noise, or other issues from the system. Its as quiet as any pro-built system I have heard. I do think that the midbass under the seat and the doors could benefit from some sound deadening and I do wish there was a sub, but that is all in the plans for the next phase of this install.

Appreciate 1