View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 08:02 PM   #39
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Hi all, I've been away for a while and while I have redone and reworked the system several times it appears now I may be selling the car.

That being said, the final iteration of the stereo saw a complete Hybrid Audio speaker system with the Legatia L1Pro in Aluminum pods in the A-pilars and the L3SE midranges in the stock mid locations. As for the floor mounted woofers, I never did the research to see if anything larger or more conventional would work. I was fairly happy with the MB Quart woofer that I originally installed once I got my Audison Bit One installed and tuned correctly.

I ultimately went with the requisite JL Audio XD600/6 for my 3ways and have an Audison mono amp (can't recall the model) mounted on the underside of the rear deck. Subwoofers are the two Hybrid i6Sw's in a 1.25 cu ft ported box. I have been very happy with this setup although the car has been plagued with engine noise and alternator whine almost from day one.

I recently replaced all my wiring, including RCA cables front to back and most of the whine has gone away. I still get a little-bit but have bought a new project (E91 Msport) which I am shifting my attention to and with a pending decision to sell the 1series, I have removed the Hybrid Midrange and Tweeter and am selling them (link below if the admin will let me).

I have not decided if I will leave the mono amp or sub, but will probably migrate the JL to the new car and reinstall the Sony 6channel I originally was using.

I will have to look for some pictures, but the last year I decided not to pay for my Photobucket account so lost most of those pictures and haven't been good about taking more. I am hoping the new car will offer enough a challenge that I can offer this sort of insight for it. I appreciate all the kind words, and support and must say its groups like this that make this hobby so much fun.

Hybrid Audio Speaker set For Sale https://www.ebay.com/itm/18307161585...84.m1555.l2649
Appreciate 0