View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #383
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Were the revs otherwise accurate on the 135i tach? If so, I might just keep the 8K tach on there myself when I do the swap.

First I need to figure out Toolset32. I used it last year to register my battery, but now I can’t find the MSV80.prg file. INPA doesn’t seem to be recognizing my car, either, and NCSExpert is only opening in German, so I don’t know WTF is going on. I haven’t made any changes to the ECU or the laptop (that I can recall) so I’m kind of at a loss.

I guess I can try reinstalling the entire software suite, but I’m afraid of losing something - I remember having to find and download the latest DATEN files a couple of years ago after the car was reflashed by the dealer, and that was kind of a PITA.
I just used "Mikes Easy BMW Tools Package" (search with google, not sure what linking rules are around here for these things), it was really easy. Installed on a Windows 10 laptop and amazon KDCAN cable, and everything pretty much just worked out of the box, no messing with old laptops or VMs.

Good to know about the 135i cluster, this seems like good mod for track-oriented people.
Appreciate 1