09-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #51
saace7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: OneThreeFive

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Oh really? In what way exactly does it limit the car to just being a "road car". Got any facts to back up that broad statement concerning limitations being placed on what you can do with the car due to it having an automatic (aside from it shifting for you to make sure you don't blow the engine up) or the "fact" that they're easily "tared" up? I guess all manual transmissions are bulletproof, right? I guess those silly guys at Porsche shouldn't trust their PDK's at a track racing around all day...oh wait, but they do because they let complete fucking amateurs race them (PDK equipped 911 C2S models and Cayman's) around at Barber Motorsport. BTW, I asked those instructors back in 2010 (who race cars professionally) what they preferred. The majority said the PDK. Most common reason given: "I can better concentrate on my driving and my track line rather than having to deal with the manual trans. gear changes". Does that mean AT's are better? Certainly not...it's opinion.

Trust me man, if your post is truly what you think, you're the limiting factor, not your car's automatic trans. God, I hate ignorance.
Did I hurt your feelings or something??
Calm down turbo...

Like you said it's about opinion and I simply stated mine... why are your panties in a bundle?

It's not about which is better, its about the application you will use it for, the driver just has more control of what he/she is doing in a manual. Not going to lie, when it's wet out I like to get a little side wides here and there. In manual mode the car will shift it self when closing on the red line compared to a manual where I can choose to hold that gear. You obviously missed what I was trying to say or are a troll because you use racing as your example but that only backs up what I am saying. When I say "road car" I mean any car on the road used for spirited driving or road racing.. When It comes to drifting, the auto wouldn't be my first choice. This is why I like my auto for the most part because it limits me to how much i am willing to abuse my car as i can only power slide (no dumping clutch's for extra fun).. When it comes to road racing, I would take this auto over a 6sp all day!!

Last edited by saace7; 09-30-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0