View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #10
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Proper alignment and throttle mapping helped me the most. OEM throttle maps especially M-mode are too sensitive to control with the right foot. I would not use DSC off in conjunction with M-mode. This probably contributes to the twitchiness since the driver is requesting almost 80% torque/throttle when the physical pedal is only depressed 25% as an example.

To feel more connected but keep the OEM character, solid rear subframe mounts should be considered. Bilstein Clubsports are on the cards for me too.

To track this car, at a minimum you need camber plates and a decent tyre such as PSC2 or dedicated set. Then the standard check list; fluid/pads etc.
I insist you see the shortcomings of the suspension and then go from there. The front is too soft and under threshold and trail-braking can lead to the rear floating around as the front strut cannot resist load transfer. An alignment will help here but you will still feel it. Pushing this car and braking to the apex has given me an armful of lock a handful of times, but I'm also not a pro.

I started slow and am happy with my journey although I knew it would lead me down this path eventually. Overall, I've enjoyed it a lot and look forward to more.
Beware, this car will not set blistering laptimes and probably won't even with equal development to say, an E92 M3 - it's just not about that and never was since it's conception.
Appreciate 3
Dackelone10511.00
1&done246.50