View Single Post
      01-08-2022, 07:24 AM   #3
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

You're in a difficult position if you installed the parts. You might have some leverage if you have a suitable qualification but you'd have most luck if the dealer installed the parts or a workshop did.

They will always try and fob it off as a workmanship issue straight off the bat.
Brakes - do you recall what the forecast reset to afterwards? I have seen huge variances in the forecast life even using ISTA. Some rumour it is due to the average learnt driving profile eg. city vs highway driving. Were the correct sensor cable mounts used (including the H clip for the front)? Was the tip of the sensor actually rubbed through?

Metal object embedded in the pad is a different issue. Sometimes grits of sand can become embedded and cut grooves into discs, which is unavoidable due to puddles. But metal embedded in the pad - have you got photos? I've seen some defective pads before.

Leaky rocker cover - as pointed out above, did you check the rocker cover for deformation? A straight edge across the sides will show any issues. Were the torque specs followed and the tightening sequence followed? Crankcase pressure checked?

What model is your 1?
Appreciate 0