View Single Post
      10-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #83
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
This is the Dan, the owner. If you still have the noise no matter the suggestions I have made, then it is your upper strut top. Oddly enough if 3 of us are experience a similar noise all with different ride height and alignment settings, it points to that. Based upon how your strut top looks in the picture, it would make me feel better for you to knock it to 0 and try it again. If you would like to remove the coilovers and send them to JIC to inspect and replace if damage, they will do this free of charge. But it is obvious if you have done all of the above and you still have the issue, that is is not dampening, height, or spring comparison. The 12/14 would be 1 hell of an aggressive setup for a street car and you would want to make sure for track events you have a matched RCompound tire. If you want to swap out the springs, let us know.

I run the 8kg/12kg setup on my 997TT and the only reason you go that stiff in the rear is because of the engine. Track guys in Porsche will run a 10/14kg and that is stiff. We are here to help and if you want us to assist in a product inspection, we will do so. Wish you the best.
the spring coils are hitting, meaning we are over the limit of the spring when hitting bumps. Running 14k rear is not insane in a car that tends to understear, it will rotate the rear, which is what i want. I've run crazier custom GC coilovers/koni combo on my sentra autox car. The car weight 26xx and change, most of the weight was on the front and rear spring was 950lbs... Trust me if you have the strut valved right, you wont notice it.
Appreciate 0