View Single Post
      01-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #13
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_ozanich View Post

"It's better" can be defined by a lot of different parameters; in this case, lower price point for having comparable OTS tunes (by your wording) kind of makes the point of being better then, doesn't it?
Cost is relative. MHD sweet is $320 without a device. I don't own a single android device. Going out and buying one seems silly when I can pay $650 and have a dedicated device.

As I said. I don't think MHD is bad, or worse than COBB. I just think people treat it as some massively better product, when in reality it's marginally better for 99% of users. (OTS users)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post

Power? You're right, COBB vs MHD is going to have the same damn potential in terms of stock turbo tuning. There is only so much the turbo can do... But, MHD has released things like modified coolant tables, oil pressure tables, VANOS tables, MAF delete, 2-step, load-by-gear, the list goes on... Some small power gains with the tables table definitions can be seen, but, the real gains are in that MHD is actively expanding knowledge and defining DME tables whereas COBB gave us the bare minimum needed to tune a car and dipped out on us...
As you said. Most consumers don't have a clue and stock turbo differences are small. For most users, they'll be incredibly similar in performance. Cobb is easier to use. That's worth a lot to some people.