04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo23 View Post
The car is being prepared for a production based series, so modifications are very limited.
The suspension, subframes are M3 as sparoz states.

It is the car TG crashed.
Hi Waldo, Gazz here. I saw this car and I guess it's no secret that it is Berrick Lynton's. Did you get a pic of the roll bar built into the B pillar and presumably extending over the roof. This is the standard bar and I'm wondering if it is incorporated into all 1 series if not all BMWs?

As far as mods are concerned I don't know much about it but there are quite a few things that can be done. For instance, and I hope I've got this right, the rules allow for a 20mm variation in the position of the engine fore and aft. Well this can and will be exploited by moving the engine 20mm aft even though it may require a lot of work. Full balance and "blueprint" ( wink wink nudge nudge ). Etc etc. It's all the myriad details that go into these cars that makes the difference between a production car and a production racing car.
Personally I think that though it has an advantage with the M3 underpinnings it may be at a disadvantage aerodynamically against, say, the 335i from the BMW team. Particularly at Bathurst.
Appreciate 0