View Single Post
      11-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
JCTT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I'll chime in for Dr. Beemer and Soulspeed.

tl:dr both are good.

Had an oil change and quick lookover done at Dr. Beemer (bought it used so didn't know the full history) and they were good. A little on the pricey side but you get the traditional service adviser experience: they will sit you down, go over paperwork, options, make recommendations etc. They also have more bays and a nicer facility.

Had my plugs changed and an alignment at Soulspeed. Their rates were very good but it's more of a "guy that loves cars and gets paid to work on them" deal. Their place is in an industrial park and they have one bay (that I could see) but their work was still top-notch. They're not going to chat you up about recommendations and scheduled maintenance if that's what you're looking for. I would have actually done the plugs myself but I would have had to get the plug tool and a ratchet extension (not to mention the 2hrs it would have probably taken me to do it) and Collin's quote came in much lower than I was expecting (almost half of Dr. Beemer's quote) so I was happy to drop it off and have them take care of the alignment.
Appreciate 0