View Single Post
      06-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Front Splitter update

UPDATE: Thread is now really about my journey to build a splitter so I changed the title. Original post below left for posterity.

So there are a number of threads on this but nothing going in the direction I want to go, which is a thicker splitter without rods, ala the M8 DTM (or similar). Anyone using a particularly strong splitter? I have looked at the OMG, APR, and Hard MotorSport options (among others)...all are great, but I think, too thin. I do have the front lip I mentioned in my previous thread:

And i know it produces some downforce because at the end of my last track day, the front left had pulled away from the tape, so I had to pull it off, retape, and add additional screws (was actually encouraging...and I am only up to 130 on the straight!). So now I want to add a slab to the front that could hold it's own without rods (I just don't like the rods...I have no other justification...but hey, BMW is doing it without rods on the M8 DTM so I can't be completely off the mark!)

Maybe I need to roll my own...and in that case...will take recommendations there as well!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune

Last edited by AndyW; 08-03-2018 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: Title change
Appreciate 0