View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #84
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
My friend is a bmw dealer so i will drive one also the new M5 turbo and i will post my findings thats for sure. But i quess i already know them. I am driving and buying cars with my racing hart. I don t buy an M5 or M3 or M1 because of the badge. If it does not bring any fun midcorner i am done with it. Even if it has 1000 hp and a bmw ///M badge as big as a house.

I am no badge buyer and no status buyer. I am always in search of thru drivers cars.

A 130i with a few tweaks is still bmw best car which you can buy new today. It s agile it s tossible the engine is great.

Of course an M3 has far more status. But the 130i is the better drivers car when the corners arrive.
This is true. my buddy always has a faster time than me in his 128i than I do in my 135i at autocross. his car always feels like its on the verge of losing it, but its must be rediculously controllable cause he never spins. Not just me either, only two 135's had a faster time than him yesterday, he beat four of us. Its a good car!

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0