View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
1 Bimmer
Rep
Drives: 128i

60K miles. Changed serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley. $82 OEM parts kit at FCP Euro vs $625(!) parts and labor quoted at dealer. Maybe 1.5 hours and I took my time. Not difficult. Sketch the belt path before removing the old one. Only removed the dual inlet air part that feeds the air box. Had to unbolt the airbox to get some movement. Needed a T60 bit (large!) to release the tension and a E14 torx socket for the bolt. Same size bolt head as the T60 bit. Aluminum, one time use bolt - torque to 18 ft lb then 90 degrees. If the new belt is on all the pulleys then it will fit before releasing the tension and pulling the pin in the new tensioner. Old belt looked great, no visible cracks at 10x magnification. Piece of mind and the recommended interval is 60k miles. FCP Euro specifies 30 ft lb torque for the idler pulley bolt. Then snap on new dust cap. Tensioner has a dust cap in place over the pulley.

Last edited by 1 Bimmer; 12-10-2018 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: add idler pulley bolt torque
Appreciate 0