View Single Post
      10-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #46
xBlueStreakx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Wife went to our (future) son's baby shower at the inlaws so I had a whole Sunday to myself. Win.

Started off by removing the doors to make it easier to wrench on the car. Even after being gutted, they are still very hefty. So sad.

Doors will be going to the shop in a few days to get aluminum covers fitted to the inside. No more cutting up my race suit and passengers' elbows!

Proceeded to cut out the unnecessary parts of the wiring harness from the rear of the car to the firewall. Hopefully JUST the unnecessary parts... Will find out in a couple weeks if I dun f**ked up. Hah.

I figure I've removed about 20lbs from the wiring harness to date.. You can also see bits of the firewall sound deadening material.

After cutting out the wiring harness and the firewall sound deadening, I proceeded to remove the last bits of the sound deadening tar. Haven't finished yet, though.

Doing what I'm doing now BEFORE the cage was installed would've made life 18230541234729 times easier. Crawling through the cage to get at the rear seat area, foot well areas etc is a royal pain in the ass.

Last edited by xBlueStreakx; 10-24-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0