View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #55
xBlueStreakx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Took last week off to spend time with my family, wife, son and to wrench on the 1er. In between my son's naps, I snuck into the garage to get some work done.

Started off by wrapping and dropping in the modified fenders; I think it looks awesome. This mod should definitely help with front end lift at Mosport while taking turns at 160KM/h+ and down the straight at 225KM/h.

Next up. I rewrapped the hood. Messed up so bad the first time (tore the wrap) that I needed to try again. This left me with scraps of wrap to finish off the driver side front fender and other areas of the car. Suffice it to say, 2017 will not be a good year in the looks department unless I spring for a new roll and redo a whole chunk of the car.

In between doing exterior work, I'd spend time working on the interior paint job. Going with gloss black on everything save for the roof skin (natural) and cage (gloss red). The garage is on the cold side so it takes about 24 hours for the paint to dry in between coats. I'm applying 2 coats.

The final batch of my Hard Motorsport order arrived which consisted of their E90 front splitter and rear diffuser kit. Fitment is almost bang on with the front splitter kit and 1M bumper. However, I will be making modifications to the splitter and adding additional reinforcement for peace of mind. Front splitter mock up:

Also ordered these bad boys. Turner Motorsport had a 20% off sale over Christmas so I jumped on them. I'll have the shop install this as I no longer do extensive work under my car; don't want to risk injury.

More to come!... Eventually. Hah.
Appreciate 0