View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #56
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlueStreakx View Post
However... I did some wheel rate calculations and the rear is severely under-sprung compared to the front (which explains a tendency to really understeer at the limit). I'll need to upgrade to 1000lbs springs out back (from 670lbs) to balance the front and rear so the added camber may not be necessary. Regardless, the spherical link will go in for performance reasons.
How does that spring rate feel in the rear? Everyone goes with these ridiculously stiff front springs and a spongy rear spring. Makes no sense to be at 2.5hz up front (with a big 28mm sway bar on top of this) and 1.5hz in the rear. You have some decent tread all around, so I am interested in hearing your feedback on how you like the more even F:R ratio. Car should be more neutral so long as you're light with your right foot (power oversteer)...

I just got my YCW coilovers with that came with 6k/12k and the front just feels stupidly stiff compared to the rear. I am also ready to pull my 27mm front bar out because I feel like the car pushes/understeers on entry now. I really wanted 6k/18k, but they weren't doing "race" setups for round 2 testing... 18k would've given me 1000lb/in out back and a more even 2hz F:R spring frequency.
Appreciate 0