View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
mKilgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
This is a false interpretation of the rule-book. The rules very clearly state that if it's not specifically stated as allowed then it is NOT allowed. You would need to find a rule in stx or lower section that allows for the use of fixed camber plates. I didn't bother looking myself, but, if you do find a rule then you can reference it for OP. Seeing as how section 14 (street touring) is the first place camber is mentioned I don't think modifying both the top-hat for camber and the camber arm is allowable anywhere in the rule book until you get to street modified... That is where more significant suspension and geometry changes star to become allowable. STX is a basic bolt-on category. Wheels, tires, coilovers, sways, seats, battery, basic exhaust changes, etc. Yes the mod list is extensive (and lots of gains to be had for a 1-series) but it's all basic stuff not suspension design changes lol.
Well, based on your interpretation, then if someone prepped to STX runs fixed camber plates alone, then they are illegal and are bumped to Street Modified since STX allows only adjustable camber plates.

Actually, the current SCCA Solo rules do not mention fixed camber plates at all. Thus, they go from Street with no allowed camber plates of any kind immediately to Street Touring with adjustable camber plates. I guess the SCCA doesn't like fixed camber plates. Only once you get to Street Modified or Prepared would you be allowed to run fixed camber plates where suspension components are unrestricted. That makes sense though, I want to run an inferior modification that has less performance but I get bumped to a higher class.

Gotta love those SCCA rules....
Appreciate 0