06-25-2020, 05:52 PM   #12
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Ahhhh I see, thanks a lot for your input and help B1aze, do you by any chance have any experience with aftermarket disa valves? And if so can you recommend a brand?

I started looking into pcv or Ccv replacement and it seems like a no brainer to do when installing this. I also read some posts of people switching to oil catch can instead of having the whole Pcv /ccv system.

I'm not too sure what the difference is between pcv and ccv so I'll try looking into that more.

I even saw an interesting thread where someone made their own lines and they added the oe check valve as well as they got a little pissed off with the OE ones cracking and breaking after a few years. I'll probably just buy new ones as i don't have the time to make them, but pretty interesting that you can do that and probably get better quality parts.
I have bought both used and aftermarket valves with poor results. I bit the bullet and bought valves from FCPEuro. The way I look at it, I can replace them in 30k miles for FREE, regardless if they’re working optimally or not.

I also did my own tubing using the OE connections. Couple worm gear clamps and some hydraulic line (needs to be oil resistant). Has worked flawlessly and seems far more flexible if/when I need to disconnect those lines. But I was going from a 2 port to a 1 port manifold so you might just be direct plug and play in that regard.

An oil catch can on the N51/52 motor is useless if you pay any attention to your car IMO.
Appreciate 0