Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal7 View Post
Any links to where I can get aluminum bushings? Doing this in spring. My bushings are toast.
Turner Motorsport has quite a few. AKG Motorsport may also have solid aluminum along side their derlin. Otherwise see the m3 forums for ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian48 View Post
I've been reading, and re-reading all of the threads on here about the rear subframe bushings, and have finally decided to go ahead and do them. My only problem is I'm trying to decide between the yellows or powerflex purple bushings. Is there a difference in terms of difficulty of the install between either of these?
I remember reading somewhere on here about someone who was installing bushings that were 95A, and saying that they were difficult to press in. Will this be the case with the purples since they are harder than the yellows?
I dont know if Powerflex makes a Purple for e9x e8x, theey make yellow 75-80A and Black 95A. I think Purple are comparable to the Yellows.
Powerflex are harder to install because one of the bushing pairs is one piece, esp if its the Black. See a recent thread on e90post or here, cant recall.
This will add to shop labour time, hence why this thread has glowing reviews for 2 piece versions.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 02-17-2014 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0