View Single Post
      02-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Depending on the severity of defects in your paint, the color of your car, and what condition you're hoping to have it restored to, this type of work can get quite pricey. It is a very time consuming job, and an expert detailer will charge accordingly for their work. Even on a compact vehicle like the 1 series, you might expect to pay upwards of $1,000 and leave the vehicle with the detailer for multiple days to have a complete paint correction service done properly.

Here is who I would recommend in your area:

TLC Auto Detail
Owner: David Miller
Phone: 703-517-8944
Web: www.tlcautodetail.com

You can also learn to do the paint correction work yourself.

While a professional may produce better results due to their experience, even a first timer will be able to make an excellent improvement and will get better each time you use your machine!

Thanks to dual action polisher, this process is extremely safe for beginners! Gone are the days when polishing your car meant you could easily burn through paint if you lost focus for only a few moments.

Here are some products & tools I commonly recommend for someone looking to put together a basic "DIY paint correction kit".

Polish:
Meg's D300 Cutting Compound (works best paired with microfiber cutting pad)
Meg's M205 Finishing Polish

Buffers:
Griot's Garage 3rd Gen DA Polisher - Affordable, Effective, Reliable, and most of all SAFE FOR EVERYONE TO USE! This product is backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Backing Plates:
5" Backing Plate
3" Backing Plate

Buffing Pads:
Meguiar's MicroFiber Cutting Discs - Great for removing heavier defects or for working with harder paint
Lake Country 5.5” and 3” Foam Pads (I typically recommend Orange Light Cutting Pads, White Polishing Pads, Black Finishing Pads, and Blue Fine Finishing Pads)

You will find a ton of information on our comprehensive Detailing Guide and Ask-A-Pro Blog.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions!

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 1