View Single Post
      02-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Great information Greg thank you very much. Looking at the cost of all this vs the cost of the equipment I may consider doing this myself. I didn't realize you could get a solid buffer for such a fair price. I'll definitely be looking into the DIY section for some more info.

The only other thing that makes this tough is my lack of access to a garage... Or power and water for that matter. The apartment life is not for car guys!!
Sorry - our username is a little confusing. Several Detailed Image employees post from this same account

My name is Zach McGovern (look for my signature at the bottom of our posts) - I am a professional detailer specializing in advanced exterior detailing (specifically paint correction and paint coatings). I am in Peoria, IL but work for Detailed Image as an author for the Ask-A-Pro Blog and also as a technical expert for the forums they support.

You can definitely save a considerable amount of money by doing this yourself, but as with any new skill, it takes a lot of time and practice to master it.

Access to power is pretty critical, but running water, not so much... there are plenty of great ways to wash your car with only one bucket of water which you can fill up in your apartment and carry outside. Check out this great write up of how to use Optimum No Rinse Rinseless Car Wash.

Winter Washing with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) by Ivan Rajic

Let me know what else I can do for you

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 0