Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
i havent sprung for these yet.. however.. from all my peers.. " don't last long" means it takes TWO sets to get through a season instead of one.. with some moderate distance driving to and from events and flipping on the rims etc as needed.. indeed.. they are a must for autocross to win..
My autocross club runs 14 points events, plus 4 non-points spring practice events, and many also go to the national tour event at Packwood and another regional shoot out in Montana. A set of RE71R's will usually last the season on a car that isn't a daily driver, but it takes management. (spraydowns after runs, flipping mid-season)

With my work schedule (working every 3rd weekend) and having kids, I make it to about 6 autocross events and 2 HPDE's per year. My first set of RE71R's did that plus about 10,000 miles and corded the front INNER tread blocks.

I decreased camber from -2.8 to -2.4 this year, but am regretting that from a grip standpoint and its probably is only an issue because I am not doing enough "white knuckled" driving. We'll see how they wear this year.

I agree on the public service announcement . . . if you have PS2's, even if it is a low mileage "collector" car, get 'em off!!!

Wow 14 events ! Awesome ! Our BMW chapter holds 9-10 events in a year. It's about a 75 mile commute to and from the course, plus we also use some very large (airport ) lots with rough concrete and course times in the 90 second range.

At 10 runs per event, that's about 100 mostly higher speed Autocross for the season not including re-runs. My friend Matt said that he also adds six HPDE days and something around 2500-4000 street miles in a season. He perennially wins his class, but now it takes him two sets of RE-71s for the year. He was generally able to get a full season on other Autocross tires up til now.

He eschews watering ... so could be doing more but you are definitely getting some mileage out of yours it sounds like

So.. for those that want to take down a local Autocross season trophy ... bring fresh tires
Appreciate 0