View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

pole position abe vs sportster cs vs spg xl

about to go through on getting an aftermarket seat for my drivers side, was wondering what everyones experiences with these seats were. my main concern is with ride height, i have relatively short legs so i sit with the seat pretty far forward which makes it hard for a helmet to fit under the headliners. sat in all three and from what i remember the poles were snug but comfortable (felt best for track duty), sportsters fit like stock seats (tons of space, probably great for dailying), and the spg xl's seemed a good mix of the two. my main reason for not going with the spg xl's is i'd like to keep the stock 3 point belt (as i daily the car and would like to keep from resorting to a roll bar for harnesses) and the materials. my main worry for the sportsters is ride height. from what ive read on the forum everyone is basically getting the manual seat height yes? which is like an inch and a half or so? i think ideally im looking for at least two to three inches. and for the poles i just wanted to confirm with forum members running them, would you say you dropped a good amount of height? are you guys running with or without sliders? and were you guys coming from manual or electric seats when you put the poles in? thanks guys

also how important do you guys think the side airbags are?
Appreciate 0