View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #9
Dirk Van Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO1MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
No USA dealer would touch this request for liability reasons ...I no i tried to have my seat re-positioned in one of my Honda's and they would not even consider it....and the service manager is a friend of mine...I have no issue with the height of my 135i seat at all as i do not like to sit so low anyway as it disrupts my visability as well as blocking what gear i am in when i am in manual mode paddle shifting....But i would have to agree with DAckel...BMW Performance Recar's would of been my choice.
Hi IZAGLO, whilst the Performance seats look great and match the interior of the 1M perfectly, I don't think they address the problem of the seat height. My install was not carried out for looks or to impress others, it was done solely to improve the driving position. It did so and improves how the car drives/feels massively. I don't use my car for cruising or posing, so it gets driven hard.

Take a look at any competition car and you'll find it's driver sitting lower not higher. This is done partially to lower the centre of gravity, but also it tends to align the drivers natural roll center with the cars.

This mod cost FAR less than the Performance seats (which I think are overpriced) AND retains the original look with regards to the seats and their functionality (and I wanted to retain the heated seats for winter !)
Appreciate 0