02-06-2020, 12:47 AM   #360
Skotcoop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post

Glad you like it! I actually get A LOT of questions about setup on these cars, and I'm happy to give advice when needed, but really, read through this thread, think about what you'd like to do, how you'd like to use the car and how much money you're willing to spend, and build accordingly. From the sounds of it, you've started off with all the wrong pieces to turn the e82 into a good track car. Before you add power, you need: good pads, lines, fluid. lighter wheels, good tires, decent suspension, fresh bushings and seats that hold you in place.

N54/N55 is a tempting motor to just want to add power to but if you don't build up the cooling system, you should keep the tuning stock. It's a slippery slope. Good luck and enjoy the process.
Well, to be fair, I've only done the things that I already knew I wanted to do before I even bought the car. And that was a to get a bit more power to have fun. I feel like the car already drives amazing with stock suspension and its components but upgrading the rear end to LSD, bushings, arms, coilovers and brakes are my next plans. I don't plan on racing it any time soon so I'm not in a hurry. I thoroughly enjoy driving it whenever I can even though it isn't my daily. I am a little curious how much you spent on doing all your suspension/differential work and the 1M conversion. Even though that looked like a nightmare to do, it looks amazing.