View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #6
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1 View Post
I was in the same boat as you. Not a single person I knew had ever been on track. No need to stress about that. As I learned, going to events (BMWCCA at least) is a very friendly, welcoming experience. You can walk up to anybody and ask questions, talk about cars, different strategies, borrow a torque wrench to check your lugs, etc.

You do drive your own car at these events so you will need to flush your brake fluid and have a pre-event inspection done to make sure you car can safely be driven on track.

Before my first event I was worried about wear and tear on my car. Honestly the only thing you use up is tires and brake pads, and not even to a noticeable degree unless you do multiple events per year. I hope to see you up at Tamworth. Check out the event info at motorsportreg dot com.
Thanks Dr1. Hopefully I'll meet you up there. When I meant "not as many friends..." it actually meant zilch. I'll sign up to be a member and then for that event. So far no registrants yet but would be a nice weekend to spend up there. Should be exciting.
Appreciate 0