Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
Hey guys,

I thought I would share this iPhone 12 setup as it's truly great!

I had some spare black vinyl wrap and electrical tape and blacked out the white parts of the MagSafe to give it a more OEM appearance. The adapter fits perfectly between the space behind the cup holder. The phone is in there very solid and you can even swing it around between portrait and landscape.

I used clear two sided construction adhesive tape behind the charger and it holds perfectly so far!

I had a similar case mounted in the same spot for about 5 years and it came off like a charm, no damage at all when peeled off slowly and carefully. Although, there is some peeling where my fingers constantly made contact with the rubberized trim.

Next up, swapping my hardwired charging to USB C 20w to allow the 15w wireless charging!

Update - it's very hard to find a 20w type C car charger at this time that will allow the full 15w charging. Belkin is coming out with one but it's not available yet.

Enjoy!
Is the magsafe able to hold the phone in place, hitting bumps and the like?

My car is a bit stiffer on coilovers and from what I've seen on reviews online, I don't think it would be able to hold my phone.
Surprisingly, the iPhone 12 Pro (heavier than non pro) does stay in place although I haven't hit any massive pot holes yet and ride quality will def be different depending on your wheels, roads, overall suspension setups. Admittedly I have only been using it for a few drives but so far so good

I'm on the stock m-sport suspension with 18" mpss and shitty Toronto roads.
Appreciate 0