View Single Post
      06-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMoe53 View Post
I have used various Griot's products for 10 years now. Some products I still use, and some I have replaced with other items that accomplished the same result (or better) for less money.

The keepers?

Car Wash (love it, works well, doesn't strip wax, works well in my foam gun)

Waffle-weave drying towel (my kids bought me one five years ago, still going strong)

Rubber Cleaner (seems to work when I really need to scrub the tires)

Wheel Cleaner (works fine if the wheels don't have big-time, caked-on brake dust)

Interior Cleaner (I use it on my interior, and the interior of my apartment)

No Longer Use

All of the polishes (gee, you have Menzerna, Optimum, and others out there, that work better, and won't cost any more)

BOS Wax (Collinite 845 looks just as nice, cheap, easy to use, lasts longer; others look better, and are easier to use)

The Squeegee (can't remember it's real name, but I have stopped using any type of squeegee--don't trust them in terms of leaving marring behind)

Paint Sealant (Use Optimum's Opti-Seal once, and you won't go back)

Split Decision

I have a Griot's Random Orbital polisher (Porter Cable) that I have used for all of those 10 years. It works OK for what I need it to do, since I tend not to add marring due to wash/dry techniques. Others with more marring will want to look at a Flex, or even a rotary, which definitely has a learning curve.

Griot's does have nice, friendly phone people, though. One of the better places to call and be treated well. And, I will continue to order my keeper products from them, and try out new items (microfiber towel/pad polish remover detergent--hmmm).

No Speed shine? :biggrin:
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!