09-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #93
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
I am pretty sure. I knocked the roof at least 20 times trying to get the feel/sound as CF. It's not CF. Others were there as well and they did the same and also came to the same conclusion.

They're definitely trying to keep the price in check. If you watch the video with Seigler, he says it's aimed at people who dream of an M car but can't afford an M3.

So, that would lead one to interpret that they won't be putting options that would make it overly expensive or reworking things like adding CF roof on that car. Keep in mind that this car has to come in below the M3's base price of $55k. Also, since it's a limited run and the current 1-series is done, it wouldn't make any sense to invest that much into it.
With BMWs strategy of keeping costs down, and with this limited number of cars produced, I wonder if they are going to build the car with a very limited range of options, perhaps even none.

It may well be that the only options will be exterior color. Things like comfort access, Navigation, upgraded music options, Ipod integration, wheel options, active steering, blue tooth integration, park distance control, etc may not even be optional.

I have a feeling that if you want a car, your choice of options will be 3, Valencia Orange, Alpine White, or Black.