View Single Post
      11-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joester View Post
Zach, I've got a question about touch-up paint.

The hood of my jet black 135i has some classic-looking small round paint chips that have chipped off the base coat down to the primer. I think I could easily fill, wet sand, compound, and then polish them out. I have a DA polisher and use meguiars M105 and M205, and I've watched some youtube videos and read tutorials on filling and correcting paint chips but I've never done any actual paint chip repair, just basic polishing and waxing so far.

My question is, what is a good supplier of touch-up paint for my car? There's like a million sites that pop up when you google "touch up paint" and I really just don't know what a good quality product is out of all the choices. Any advice for me?

I see on your ask-a-pro page that you recommend dr colorchip but I feel like I can do a little better given the equipment I have and the time I'm willing to take to make things perfect.

Thanks!
Hey,

To be perfectly honest, I am certainly not as experienced in this process as I would like to be (mostly due to lack of time to practice), but you can purchase an inexpensive touch up pen at your dealership for exact color match to your OEM paint. You can use this to easily fill in the chip and then refine it afterwards using the technique you had mentioned (sanding and correcting).

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 1